Sugar Cookie Recipe:
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tbsp milk
3/4 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
powdered sugar for rolling out dough
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together
2. Mix butter and sugar together with an electric stand mixer until light in color. Add the egg and milk and beat to combine.
3. On a low speed, gradually add flour until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl
4. Divide the dough in half, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 hours
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
6. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough with powdered sugar until the dough is 1/4 inch thick, cut into desired shapes and bake in the oven for 7 - 9 minutes
7. Serve as is or ice as desired
Recipe adapted from Alton Brown.