Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna!
4 Tbsp white sesame seeds
1 (6 ounce) ahi tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil (for the pan)
1. In a shallow dish, combine the sesame seeds and salt/pepper, stir to combine.
2. Next coat the tuna evenly with the mix, pressing down firmly on each side so the tuna sticks to the sesame seeds well.
3. In a non stick pan, warm the 1 Tbsp of oil, and heat until it lightly starts smoking. Place the tuna in the pan and cook on a medium high heat until the white sesame seeds start to turning golden brown. (Around 1 minute on each side.)
4. Transfer the tuna to a cutting board, let rest for 2 minutes, then cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
For the Sauce
3 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp teryiaki sauce
1 Tbsp mirin sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp lemon rind
1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
Serve on the side of the fish.