During one of my trips to bed bath and beyond I stumbled upon a Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan (buy here). I've always wanted to buy this pan but never really had a need for it. The past two months have been busy birthday months so I vowed to buy it and make it for a gf's birthday party (as a surprise of course).
The pan features heavy-duty construction and a non-stick surface with a unique design that is sure to delight any party goer no matter their age! The cake is baked in two halves, each with their own cavity. Construction is easy, just put them together to make one big cupcake!
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 box vanilla pudding
- 1 stick butter softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease or spray pan.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixer
3. Fold in chocolate chips
4. Use four cups of the mixture for the bottom half, the rest for the top.
5. Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes.
6. To assemble the cupcake ice the top of the cake's bottom half. Place top half of cake atop iced bottom half. Decorate as desired.