A Beautiful Green Journey
After a long, hot summer of BBQ’s and food trucks, it’s easy to feel overfed and intrigued by popular juice cleanses. With fall right around the corner, now is the time to find the right cleanse for you. This past week I got to meet with the Rawpothecary team, out of Brooklyn, New York. As an avid juice drinker, it’s clear to me that Rawpothecary has done in depth work on bringing juice that’s the best tasting, most nutritious, and lowest in sugar and calories direct to the consumer.
Rawpothecary’s philosophy rocks! Their philosophy is "Nature's Pharmacy" which is in their logo. “Nothing added, nothing wasted, the pulp and skin are in! – Except the ends of the stems.” For this reason, the fiber blended juices retain all the fiber and powerful nutrients without wasting precious ingredients! No pulp left behind! The fiber-rich blends--Dandi Detox, Kalefornia and 'Cress Fresh--are the fiber-rich blends that have the pulp and skin in it. Holla Pina, Skinny Greens, and Lemon Oasis fall under the Cold Press Mixology meant for hydration and rapid nutrient absorption and don't have the skin within it. The Whole-listic Seed Milks are dairy-free, allergen-free, soy-free, nut-free and whey-free juice alternatives. Wholly Cacao, Sun Coffee, Heavenly Hemp, Green Warrior, Coffee Protein and Moka Chia are served as cold brewed coffees or chocolates with vegan protein milk.
Rawpothecary's known for blending organic leafy greens, fruits, veggies, and seeds, which creates the perfect prescription for a healthy, happy, glowing, energized life! I sampled the one-day, Daily Cleanse, see the review below in the order you are supposed to drink them in!
1. Lemon Oasis: As someone who wakes up and starts the day with hot water and lemon, I found this just as refreshing as my morning starter. It’s a cold pressed juice that is excellent for hydration and rapid nutrition. It’s low in sugar and calories and high in vitamin C, leaving you feeling like you did something beneficial for your immune and digestive system. With zero grams of sugar and only 15 calories, you too will not want to put this juice down!
2. Coffee Protein: Packed with vegan protein, fiber and few calories this caffeinated protein is the perfect post workout pick me up. It’s made from coffee, dates, vegan protein powder, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut water. The coffee flavor isn’t over powering, it slightly reminded me of a cappuccino. Once you try this, you will want to drink this muscle breakfast everyday.
3. Kalefornia: Kalefornia is another fiber-rich blended green that is low in sugar, low in calories and packed with loads of natural fiber. Kale, banana, kiwi, dates, blueberries and coconut water give this drink a more smoothie like consistency. This drink is full of flavor and filled with goodness. With 6g of fiber and 2g of protein you’ll finish it feeling full and satisfied.
4. Dandi Detox: Dandi Detox is a Fiber-Rich Blend that is low in sugar, calories and loaded with nutritious greens. Made from dandelion, parsley, pineapple, raspberries and coconut water, this juice is a super food support system. This juice has 75 calories, 5g of fiber and 2g of protein making it a top leader in low calorie high fiber juices. If you're looking for a juice that will de-bloat, help with constipation and detoxify, look no further.
5. Holla Pina: This is a mix of celery, parsley, pineapple and jalapeno, which makes for a brilliantly sweet, spicy and refreshing juice. Since it’s a green juice, you’ll notice that the celery and spinach flavors stand out vividly. I found the Jalapeno spiciness’ stronger than the sweetness of the pineapple but not overpowering at all. Holla Pina is loaded with electrolytes, minerals and 100% vitamin C which will kick your metabolism into high gear!
6. Heavenly Hemp: Heavenly Hemp, the name says it all! This non-dairy alternative is made from water, hemp seeds, dates and coconut nectar. Heavenly Hemp tastes like hemp milk with a creamy smooth body, and hints of dates and coconut adding sweetness to every sip. It’s a nutritious powerhouse that contains 20 amino acids, 9g of protein and 2g of fiber.