Pesto Parm Couscous
This delicious couscous recipe makes for a light and dynamic side dish or meal. It's easy to make, inexpensive and a consistent crowd pleaser!
1 cup dry couscous
1/2 cup pesto
1/2 cup pine nut
2 Tbsp raisins or currants
2 Tbsp grated parmesan
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic
1. In a pot, heat 2 cups of water to a boiling point.
2. Add 1 cup couscous and cover with the pot lid to cook for 5 - 7 minutes.
3. In a separate pan toast the pine nuts over medium heat, usually takes 2–3 minutes.
4. Check the couscous and stir it with a fork to fluff it up.
5. Stir in the pesto, pine nuts, raisins, and parmesan.
6. Add the oil and balsamic.
7. Garnish with fresh basil!
Feel free to add one chopped cold tomato at the end! You can also refrigerate this after cooking for a cold couscous side dish!